As I was trying to decide what to make for Mother’s Day, I debated a bunch of different options. Cake seemed to be too much, fruit pie was an option since Mom loves pie but I wanted to try out a new recipe. So to my Pinterest stash I went. I almost made the lemon blueberry morning rolls but I really was too lazy to let the dough proof. Peach coffee cake was a nice middle ground of effort and spring/fruity flavor.
Let me say, this recipe was a hit. Everyone loved it, especially Mom. And one recipe serves 12 easily. Even better is that it was easy to assemble and didn’t require a ton of active time. Just make sure you put the springform pan on baking sheet as there can be some bubble over/leaking of liquid from the fruit.
Changes I made to the recipe:
- When I got to the store, there weren’t enough ripe peaches so I substituted a package of blackberries for 1-2 peaches.
- I was a little worried the fruit topping would be too sweet so I reduced the brown sugar by ¼ cup.
- I did not add the cinnamon/nutmeg the recipe called for because I added the blackberries.
- I did use a gluten free flour mix instead of regular all purpose flour so that I could safely eat it too.
- I had half a package of cream cheese left over from a different project, I turned it into the drizzle topping instead of the simple drizzle that the recipe calls for.
Love and peaches,